Horizon: Neil BrandHorst
An ambitious laser control system project implemented through real-time modelling Grasshopper 3D/Rhino, blue-tooth enabled Arduino motor controllers, a bespoke laser-cut and 3D printed servo gizmo, and a modular track system with DC servo motor.
The project involved:
- Developing a generative horizon motion system, and testing the system within a VR environment to optimise its parameters.
- Developing a real-time system to calculate inverse kinetics from the horizon position, and produce individual gizmo control values.
- Design and build the individual gizmo control elements (height adjustment via v-track rail, individual ‘roll’ and ‘pitch’ control of the laser.
- Construct the track system
- Implement communication between the IK system and the gizmo control hardware.