To be added to the list of drive-through services (from Wikipedia):
* Banking services at a drive-through bank
* Coffee at a drive-through coffee shop
* Dairy products at a drive-through dairy store
* Drugs at a drive-through pharmacy
* Food or drink at a drive-through restaurant (typically fast food)
* Marriage (primarily at special drive-through marriage chapels in Las Vegas in the United States)
I was tempted to scoff at how it typifies something about US values, and dependence on cars, then I realized that Australia is home to the drive-through liquor store*. Let’s say sweeping judgements based on these examples are probably justified for both countries.
* AKA “Bottle-o” in Australian, “Offie” in English.